Tracey Valesini. Picture: NSW PoliceA PORT Stephens mother has joined police in pleading for information to help find her daughter on what would have been her 45thbirthday.

The state government announced on Wednesday a $100,000 reward was on offer to help find Tracey Valesini.

The occasion led Ms Valesini’smother Sandra McSavaney to join Homicide Squad detectives in Sydney to appeal to the conscience of anyone with knowledge of her daughter’s fate.

“Someone knows what happened to my girl, and enough is enough – please tell the police what you know and help put my mind at ease,” Ms McSavaney said.

“No one should ever have to bury a child, but I haven’t even been given that opportunity.

“If anything, I want to be able to bring her home and say proper goodbyes – the least Tracey deserves is to rest in peace.

“We’ve had too many birthdays and too many Christmases without Tracey, and I am pleading for someone to come forward so that today – her 45th birthday – is our last without answers,” Ms McSavaney said.

Fairfax Media reported in 2015 that Ms McSavaney, who suffers from terminal lung cancer, had also lost another daughter after she was strangled to death in 2002.

Sandra McSavaney, with her only surviving daughter Sharon Robards (centre) in 2015. She has lost her other daughters Lisa Sara (left) and Tracey Valesini (right). Main photo: Marina Neil

The last confirmed sighting of Ms Valesini was a custody hearing at Campbelltown Courthouse in January 1993. She was 20 years old, and failed to appear for a further hearing on February 12.

Unsolved Homicide team co-ordinatorDetective Inspector Stewart Leggatsaid Tracey was a resilient, independent young woman.

“Unfortunately, these strengths have made investigating her disappearance difficult for police,” he said.

“By all accounts, Tracey was very much in charge of her own life, even at a young age, and by her late teens, she would often go for long periods without visiting her family.

“That said, it was out of character for her to no-show at court for the custody hearing as her daughters were her world.”

Her family have made numerous fruitless attempts to contact Ms Valesini in the intervening 24years but her housemates had left their Sadleir home without a forwarding address.

Detective Inspector Leggat said police had gleaned that Ms Valesini moved to Wentworth Falls with a new boyfriend, his sister and her partner until 1993.

Police have since been told Ms Valesini moved out of that property before the other three left in May that year when the relationship deteriorated.

But that is where the trail ends.

“She hadn’t accessed her bank accounts or government benefits since December 1992, with the exception of a single deposit and withdrawal more than 12 months later,”Detective Inspector Leggat said.

Strike Force Sonning was established in 2001 to reinvestigate the disappearance.

Police searched Tracy’s former home in Wentworth Falls that year, finding blood believed to be hers.

A coronial inquest was held in 2006, with a finding that she died some time in 1992 or 1993 “of injuries inflicted upon her by another person.”

NSW police ministerTroy Grant said the government’s $100,000 reward offer would assist investigators.

“No family should endure not knowing what happened to their loved one, and the NSW Government is committed to providing police with what they need to find answers for families like Tracey’s,” Mr Grant said.

Police are urging anyone with information that may assist Strike Force Sonning investigators to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page:https://nsw.crimestoppers苏州美甲美睫培训.au/